Below is a collection of our most frequently asked questions (FAQ) for your convenience. For further information, please visit our Help Center.
1. How do I download and install Nested on my iOS device?
The Nested app can be downloaded and installed from the App Store
2. Which iOS versions does Nested work on?
Nested is compatible with all iOS devices that run on versions 8 and later.
3. How do I download and install Nested on my Android device?
The Nested app can be downloaded and installed from Google Play.
4. Which Android versions does Nested work on?
Nested is compatible with all Android devices that run on versions 4.2 and later
5. What are the system requirements for installing Nested on the web edition?
With the webapp, Nested runs on the following browsers: • Chrome (version 12 and above) • Firefox (version 11 and above) • Safari (version 7 and abovez • Opera (version 12 and above) • Internet Explorer (version 11)
6. How do I access Nested on a web browser?
You can reach Nested at http://webapp.nested.me sign-up to our services by following the instructions offered. Once you create a Nested account, you will gain access to its various features whenever signing in.
7. Is there a fee to install and use Nested?
There is no fee required when installing Nested and enjoy its general services. You can learn more about how to get further help and access Nested’s select corporate facilities and their pricing here.
8. How do the services provided by Nested differ on various platforms?
Our services do not differ when switching platforms in their essence; however, to provide an efficient and feasible platform for our users, Nested’s design adjusts itself to fit whichever device you use to retain its user-friendly interface.
9. What information do I need to provide when signing up to Nested?
When you sign-up for the first time, you are required to provide your phone umber to proceed. In the steps that follow, you will need to fill-in your first and last name, gender and birthdate.
10. Can I change my unique Nested address afterwards?
No, and that’s why you should be considerate with what you choose in the initial phase of signing up.
11. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
If you enter the wrong password, you will receive a prompt providing a link where you can retrieve your password through the number you signed up with. For more information, read this section.
12. Do contacts that I wish to communicate with using Nested have to be Nested users as well?
No, you can send and receive messages from people that don’t have a Nested account. However, to enjoy the ‘Place’ feature that Nested offers, among other unique services, you do need a Nested account.
13. Is Nested just another emailing service?
Nested is a platform that enhances all your communications into one place to enable consistent communication, of which emailing is just one aspect. Nested offers so much more than what our current emailing services do. To read more, click here.
14. How is Nested different to other team-to-team messaging services?
Nested is driven by a human-centered design that recognizes and meets the user’s conscious wants and unconscious needs when it comes to digital communication. We emphasize a sense of community enrichment with the right communication tools and leverage technology to serve what is lacking in the sector at the moment. To read more into our unique features, see this page.
15. Can I move all my digital communications to Nested?
This is precisely what Nested was designed for. You can transfer all your current communications - both personal and professional - seamlessly into one space. You can track your conversations and files without detaching them from their context by categorizing them into various ‘Places’ that you can create according to your needs.
16. Can I use Nested for all my corporate communications?
Yes. Nested’s feasible features offer an efficient digital working space for any small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), assisting you in maintaining consistency in your work-related communications.
17. What messages can I access through the favorite feature?
You can favorite one or more Places in order to reach the messages of those Places quickly on your feed right after you sign-in.
18. How many Places can I add to a Grand Place?
You can add up to 10 Places to a Grand Place.
19. How many sub-Places can I add to one Place?
You can add up to 10 sub-Places to one Place.
20. Do the features of Places and sub-Places differ?
No. They function similar to a Folder and a sub-Folder, except offer more diverse services, such a unique Nested address for each created Place.
21. I want to delete a Place that I created, but it has Members in it. Can I still delete it?
If you are still the Manager of the Place, yes. However, if the Place has subPlaces within it, you will need to delete them first in order to proceed to delete the Place of your interest.
22. Is the assigned Nested address my own email address on Nested?
Each account and each Place has its own Nested address from which you can send messages or receive messages to. If you’ve switched on the email settings, your Nested address will be able to receive emails.
23. What will I receive in-app notifications for?
If you have enabled notifications from your place settings, you will receive a notification for every message sent directly to your Place(s). You will also receive notifications for comments made on these messages.
24. Can I disable notifications?
Yes. You can disable them from the place settings of the Place of your interest.
25. Can I alter the settings of my Places all at once?
Nope. Each Place has its own administrative system, and you will need to make changes one Place at a time.
26. What is the difference between an open and a closed Place?
Open Place means that all the Members from the Grand Place (under which the Place has been created) can view its contents, and Closed Place means that only added Members can view its contents. Depending on the Place’s specific settings, the capability of a Member in that Place depends on the authorizations made by the Manager(s). Furthermore, you cannot create further places under an Open Place, but can do so from a Closed Place.
27. What happens when I disable the search option in the Place Settings?
The Place will not be found upon searching its name within the Nested platform.
28. What happens when I disable the email option in the Place Settings?
The Place will not be able to receive emails sent by non-Nested users.
29. What are the main differences between a Manager and a Member?
Manager is a member of a Place who has the administrative rights to the governance of a Place; Member is a contributive member and their capabilities within a Place depend on the permissions given to them by the Manager(s) of a Place. Read more from Nested’s terminology page.
30. Can I change the name of a Place?
If you are the Manager of a Place, yes. You can access this option in the Place settings.
31. What facilities are available to a Manager in a Place?
Managers can delete a Place; create or delete any related sub-Places; and share files, comment and delete any messages within a Place. Manager(s) can also invite people from outside of a Place to become its new Members; add the existing Members of a Place to recently created sub-Places; promote a Member to the position of a Manager; demote a fellow Manager to the position of a Member; and remove a Member from a Place altogether. Manager(s) also bear the authority to adjust the settings of the Place according to what they consider is suitable for the purpose of their Place.
32. How private are communications within a Place?
You can set the privacy level of your communications within Places according to your specifications. Through the Place settings, you can ensure that only those who you specify will have access to the messages and comments of a Place.
33. Can I find other users and chat with them on Nested?
You can find fellow Nested users if they have turned their searchable option on from their settings and you can send messages to their personal Nested address. You can also send messages to the Place they are a Manager of, or a Member of, if they have enabled to receive messages from people outside of that Place. Nested however does not have a chat feature at the present time, but we will work on it in the future.
34. How can I be sure my information is secured with Nested?
We encourage you to pick a strong password to avoid the various attack methods of compromising your account’s security. Moreover, keep your account’s settings updated as to safeguard your personal information. If you suspect unusual activity on your account, or your Places, get in touch with our technical staff at [email protected].
35. What protocols do you use to protect my online data on Nested?
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) as the standard means of performing encryption in transit for the messages sent and received on Nested. You can imagine this as a momentary shell of protection that is wrapped around your message(s) to keep it confidential while it is being transmitted to its intended recipient(s). This means that while your messages and files travels between Nested’s platform and the device your intended recipient(s) use to check their Nested, it’s encrypted and therefore secured.
If you are still puzzled with a burning question for which you could not find an answer for here, or in our Help Center, please get in touch with us at [email protected]